carpdev : bad value?

Xin LI delphij at gmail.com
Wed Dec 30 07:39:55 UTC 2009

On Tue, Dec 29, 2009 at 11:03 PM, kevin <k at kevinkevin.com> wrote:
> Hello,
>

> I am currently evaluating high availability firewalls with carp
> (7.2-RELEASE, PF) and have run into a problem that I would hope someone here
> can explain for me.
>
> According to OpenBSD's documentation on CARP, they allow an ifconfig carp
> directive called 'carpdev', which allows you to manually specify which
> physical interface you want to be associated with the redundancy group.

Unfortunately the current FreeBSD CARP does not support carpdev...
eri@ is working on bringing our pf subsystem to a newer version, but
someone (TM) must sit down and work on CARP to make some improvements.

There is a LOR between CARP and if_bridge, I have a very brute force
workaround which is not suitable to commit against -HEAD :(

Cheers,
--
Xin LI <delphij at delphij.net> http://www.delphij.net