school project

Max Laier max at love2party.net
Mon Dec 28 21:40:23 UTC 2009

Hello,

On Monday 28 December 2009 21:39:47 Martin Baumann wrote:
> Firstly I want to apologize for interrupting you with such a stupid
> thing but i need help.
>
> I have to write adaptive application firewall as PF module(using ioctl
> or anchor...).
>
> The problem is I don't know where I should look for some documentation
> or some API description, so I don't know how to start.

"man 4 pf" should get you started.  Also looking at the pfctl and authpf code
can be helpful.  In general it is the easiest to exec(2) pfctl for simple
operations and only twiddle with ioctl if you really have to (due to
performance or complexity).

> I am looking for some person who wrote module for PF to help me start
> and answer me some simple questions.

I won't do your homework, but shoot and I'll see if I can help.  BTW, what
kind of school are you attending where they let you fiddle with BSD?  Cool!

Regards,
--
 Max