External scripts with PF.

Gaurav Ghimire gaurav at subisu.net.np
Mon Dec 21 05:58:58 UTC 2009

Hi all,

Are there any possibilities that I could run a script (bash, perl) when
any rule is matched.

For example, I have some distinct rule and want to get an alert email
each time any connection threshold is crossed on it from a singe IP. Say
I want one IP only have 1 http connection to a web service in my server,
if it goes 2 pf would update a table or run a external script that would
alert me about that IP.

This is just a concept and I am not doing it in real.

Just wanted to know if there are any possibilities that I could run
external scripts or invoke them when a rule is matched.

I would appreciate any hints or references.

Regards,

--
Gaurav Ghimire
System Administrator - Systems (R&D)