ALTQ and bandwidth limiting

barowc at telenet.net barowc at telenet.net
Fri Aug 21 21:36:35 UTC 2009

I am about to install a machine at a co-location facility and I would
like to limit the bandwidth on my interface to match the bandwidth i
have contracted for.  This is necessary because the connection i will
have is not limited, but my usage is.

I have added the following two lines to my pf.conf file, but this does
not appear to be working.

altq on $External cbq bandwidth 1Mb queue { std }
queue std bandwidth 1Mb cbq(default)

I assume all rules on $External will now default to this queue, and
should be limited to 1Mb.  I hav even specified the queue on the
External rules, and there is still no limiting.

Any help would be appreciated,
Chris