Fwd: Please test ipfw and pf uid/gid/jail rules

Robert Watson rwatson at FreeBSD.org
Mon Sep 29 22:02:04 UTC 2008

On Mon, 29 Sep 2008, Max Laier wrote:

> Please help testing.  It's been confirmed to work for IPFW, let's make sure
> pf is in good shape, too.  Thanks.

A casual glance at pf.c suggests that pf(4) doesn't suffer from the "look up
the inpcb even though it's passed down if the socket pointer is NULL" bug that
ipfw(4) did, but confirmation that things work properly would definitely be
good.

Thanks,

Robert N M Watson
Computer Laboratory