kern/121668: connect randomly fails with EPERM with some pf rules

Laurent Frigault lfrigault at agneau.org
Fri Mar 14 21:36:44 UTC 2008

On Fri, Mar 14, 2008 at 10:02:36AM +0100, Remko Lodder wrote:

> Why are you filtering on your local IP stack anyway? filtering on lo0
> is not that common, or at least in my point of view not used often and
> presents problems all the way.

I don't. It was just a way to provide a simple case to reproduce the
problem.

I have seen rare case when filtering local traffic was needed to enforce
multi-jail isolations.

Usualy, I just have a stateless quick rule that allow everything on
lo0 at the beginning of the ruleset before the default block log  quick
all at the end

--
Laurent Frigault | <url:http://www.agneau.org/>