How does /dev/pf get created?

Gavin Spomer spomerg at cwu.EDU
Fri Jan 25 08:59:30 PST 2008

>>> Tommy Pham <tommyhp2 at YAHOO.com> 01/25/08 7:56 AM >>>
Hi Gavin,
Have you rebuilt world or is it a clean install? Update the src to
RELENG_6_2 patch 9 via cvs?  If I remember correctly, a clean install
of 6.2-RELEASE from the cD should have the require pf device.  You can
start using it by enabling in the rc.conf.  (ALTQ will not be available
until you specify device+options and rebuild the kernel.)  This will
get you going using the rules w/o queueing.

   I have never rebuilt world. I am still learning FreeBSD, even though I have a semi-strong linux background. ;) Yes, I installed
   from downloaded cd's. "Update the src to RELENG_6_2 patch 9 via cvs?" ?  Don't understand. :o

   Thanks again.

   - Gavin