How does /dev/pf get created?

Tommy Pham tommyhp2 at yahoo.com
Fri Jan 25 07:56:14 PST 2008

Hi Gavin,

Have you rebuilt world or is it a clean install? Update the src to
RELENG_6_2 patch 9 via cvs?  If I remember correctly, a clean install
of 6.2-RELEASE from the cD should have the require pf device.  You can
start using it by enabling in the rc.conf.  (ALTQ will not be available
until you specify device+options and rebuild the kernel.)  This will
get you going using the rules w/o queueing.

~Tommy