How does /dev/pf get created?

Tommy Pham tommyhp2 at yahoo.com
Thu Jan 24 17:17:50 PST 2008

Hi Gavin,

Check your /etc/make.conf.  I remember that you can disable it if
NO_PF=YES is not commented out.  Also, I remember reading it somewhere
that pf requires 'device bpf' in the kernel (which you might want to
check for that too).  I presume you used a copy of GENERIC kernel file
and comment out what you don't need...?  If so, did you specify the
kernel file name in the /etc/make.conf or in the command line
KERNCONF=<filename>?

Regards,
Tommy