Rule doubt

Max Laier max at love2party.net
Thu Sep 27 11:53:07 PDT 2007

On Thursday 27 September 2007, David Verzolla wrote:
> Hi All,
> Its possible creates a rule that can match all the traffic designated
> to an specific interface?
>
> Example:
>
> pass in on $vlan10 from <vlan10> to (the interface, not the address)
> $ext_if

I'm not 100% sure what you are after here.  The from/to part always takes
an address as argument.  You can use the "($ext_if)" syntax to
dynamically fill in all addresses that are configured on the interface at
the moment of evaluation, but you can't directly influence routing
decisions.  That means you can't write a single rule that says "traffic
from $vlan10 must only go to $ext_if".  In order to do this, you should
take a look at tagging.

/"\  Best regards,                      | mlaier at freebsd.org