pfsync errors

Bill Marquette bill.marquette at gmail.com
Wed Sep 5 17:46:04 PDT 2007

On 9/5/07, Max Laier <max at love2party.net> wrote:

> Another way to go is setting the queuelength for the internal processing
> queue to something insanely high (1000+).  This will most likely work
> around the problem at the cost of burning (mbuf) memory.

Assuming mbuf memory is essentially free that's certainly not a
problem for me.  Is this the max ifqlen patch you had me try last
week?  If so, what's a reasonably (relative to insanely high :))
number to set that multiplier to?  2 times queue length "helped".  I
don't want to set it so high that the box panics or something silly :)
 Or for that matter, stops forwarding traffic while processing.  We'll
give these patches a try in our lab shortly.  We just started getting
the Smartbits online to try and duplicate the errors (straight up udp
testing can't replicate it).

--Bill