Giving all hosts on network same bandwidth

Jeremy mail.listesi at gmail.com
Mon Nov 12 06:33:45 PST 2007

On Nov 12, 2007 12:01 PM, Rob Shepherd <rob at techniumcast.com> wrote:

> If the question is: "Can I assign all hosts on a network to a single queue?",
> then YES.

no, i dont want to assign each addresses to single queue or every
addresses to more queues one by one,  is there solution in network
address rules just like that

pass out on dc0 inet proto tcp from $employeehosts to any port 80 keep
state  queue employees

altq on dc0 scheduler cbq bandwidth 10Mb queue { std, http, mail, ssh }
queue	std bandwidth 10% cbq(default)
queue	http bandwidth 60% priority 2 cbq(borrow red) { employees, developers }
queue	 developers bandwidth 75% cbq(borrow)
queue	 employees bandwidth 15%
queue	mail bandwidth 10% priority 0 cbq(borrow ecn)
queue	ssh bandwidth 20% cbq(borrow) { ssh_interactive, ssh_bulk }
queue	 ssh_interactive bandwidth 100% priority 7
queue	 ssh_bulk bandwidth 100% priority 0

pass out on dc0 inet proto tcp from $employeehosts to any port 80 keep
state  queue employees

this example  qives employeehosts 15%  of total bandwidth but i want
to give each hosts to same bandwidth ( for example i have 10Mb
bandwidth and 20 hosts  iwant to give each of hosts to 512 K .if i use
10M in altq rules some hosts' have 9M bandwitdh and some have 1M ) .
is that possible writing without all of ip addresses in rules

pass out on dc0 inet proto tcp from $employee1 to any port 80 keep
state  queue employees
pass out on dc0 inet proto tcp from $employee2 to any port 80 keep
state  queue employees
pass out on dc0 inet proto tcp from $employee3 to any port 80 keep
state  queue employees
pass out on dc0 inet proto tcp from $employee4 to any port 80 keep
state  queue employees
pass out on dc0 inet proto tcp from $employee5 to any port 80 keep
state  queue employees
pass out on dc0 inet proto tcp from $employee6 to any port 80 keep
state  queue employees
pass out on dc0 inet proto tcp from $employee20 to any port 80 keep
state  queue employees

this is silly