ftp, pf, passive ftp and fetch

Dave dmehler26 at woh.rr.com
Fri May 18 19:34:23 UTC 2007

Hi Greg,
    Thanks for your informative reply. You've convince me i'm going passive,
that sentence it's less of a PITA i think did it. Right now ftp is proving
to be just that, it's flakey some machines are fine with it, one windows
box, xpsp2 and ie6 works fine, another same config can't resolve the ftp
sites. And i guess i just won't use the ftp commandline option, i don't like
it anyway i'm spoiled on ncftp.
    I've got pftpx going on the router, and have pf set up with the
appropriate anchors, but clients are as i said flakey, one works fine, some
work intermitantly and some don't work at all. It is perplexing.
Thanks.
Dave.