How to balance my own outgoing traffic?

Eduardo Meyer dudu.meyer at gmail.com
Tue Mar 27 17:24:23 UTC 2007

On 3/27/07, Bill Marquette <bill.marquette at gmail.com> wrote:
> On 3/27/07, Eduardo Meyer <dudu.meyer at gmail.com> wrote:
> > Yes, round-robin will do. My problem is how to do this, I have tried
> > the following kiind of approach:
> >
> > pass out on $ext_if route-to { ($ext_if1 $ext_gw1), ($ext_if2
> > $ext_gw2) } round-robin proto tcp from $myown to any flags S/SA
> > modulate state
>
> route-to tends to work better inbound on your internal interfaces.
>
> pass in on $int_if route-to { ($ext_if1 $ext_gw1), ($ext_if2
> $ext_gw2) } round-robin proto tcp from $myown to any flags S/SA
> modulate state

There will never be internal interface. That's just me with two
outgoing interfaces. I generate all traffic. Inbound traffic is just
what I get back from the external interface.

Anyone else have any idea? What I am considering now is adding myself
to a RFC1928 network and NAT to myself. But I believe this is
something technically UGLY.

--
Eduardo Meyer
pessoal: dudu.meyer at gmail.com