pf(4) status in 7.0-R

Dag-Erling Smørgrav des at des.no
Sat Jun 9 12:05:23 UTC 2007

"Niels Provos" <provos at citi.umich.edu> writes:
> And you always were a diplomat.  I'd take a kludge any day rather than
> talking about plans on building the perfect event system in the
> future.  But then, I have always been in favor of doing rather than
> talking.  However, if you should have any constructive feedback, I am
> sure many, including myself, would like to hear it.

Right...  Been there, done that, got royally fed up with being ignored.
I've sent you patches for tree.h (several times), and Poul-Henning sent
you patches for libevent.  You never responded.

You can still find at least some patches in the Varnish repo:

http://varnish.projects.linpro.no/browser/trunk/varnish-cache/contrib/libevent?rev=689

In the end, though, Poul-Henning replaced libevent with his own code,
which only took a few hours to write, and Varnish magically stopped
segfaulting.  We never looked back.

DES
Dag-Erling Smørgrav - des at des.no