Borrow in CBQ doesn't work

Marko Lerota mlerota at iskon.hr
Thu Feb 8 09:27:06 UTC 2007

Marcelo Celleri <marceloc at espoltel.net> writes:

> Hi everyone,
>
> I'm working with ALTQ, but I realize that the borrow option in cbq
> queues doesn't work at least like the manual says "A child class can
> borrow bandwidth from its parent class as long as excess bandwidth is
> available"

You are not the only one who find that problem. It must be a bug.
I switched to hfsc and borrowing works fine.

altq on $int_if hfsc bandwidth 4800Kb queue { def adm usr ser}
    queue def bandwidth 30Kb hfsc (default realtime 30Kb)
    queue usr bandwidth 600Kb hfsc (red realtime 600Kb)
    queue adm bandwidth 2000Kb hfsc (red realtime 2000Kb)
    queue ser bandwidth 1000Kb hfsc (red realtime 1000Kb)

pass inet proto { tcp, udp } from $admins to any keep state queue adm
pass inet proto { tcp, udp } from $users to any keep state queue usr
pass inet proto { tcp, udp } from $servers to any keep state queue ser

I have this in kernel

options         ALTQ
options         ALTQ_CBQ        # Class Bases Queuing (CBQ)
options         ALTQ_RED        # Random Early Detection (RED)
options         ALTQ_RIO        # RED In/Out
options         ALTQ_HFSC       # Hierarchical Packet Scheduler (HFSC)
options         ALTQ_PRIQ       # Priority Queuing (PRIQ)
options         ALTQ_NOPCC      # Required for SMP build
options         ALTQ_DEBUG
options         ALTQ_PRIQ       # Priority Queueing

--
One cannot sell the earth upon which the people walk
                               			Tacunka Witco