PFSync Not Working Correctly

Michael K. Smith - Adhost mksmith at adhost.com
Tue Feb 6 17:57:14 UTC 2007

Hello All:

I have two 6.2 RELEASE servers working in failover mode as PF Load
Balancers.  When the MASTER box is failed (through reboot or interface
shutdown, etc.) the BACKUP box becomes MASTER as expected, but
connections that existed through the MASTER before the failover do not
transfer as expected to the new MASTER.  New connections work
immediately.

When I issue a 'pfctl -vvss' the established connection shows up
correctly in the state tables on both machines, so I would expect the
established connection to work immediately upon failover.

If anyone has any insights I'd be grateful.  I can also post any
relevent output or config snippets if someone thinks they would help.

Regards,

Mike