PF & Windows Vista

Kevin K. freebsd-pf at magma.ca
Tue Feb 6 13:35:44 UTC 2007

I am using FreeBSD 6.2-release w/ PF. Everything seems to be okay, except
the fact that Windows Vista machines cant get through the network. I have
tried many things, including just using a skeleton PF configuration and I'm
still having trouble.

Just curious if anyone has experienced issues with this?  If so, any
suggestions or resolutions would be appreciated.

Below is what we thought would fix the vista issue, but to no avail :

### Office for Vista issue -- no state

pass in log quick on $ext_if inet proto tcp from xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx/32 to any
pass in quick on $ext_if inet proto udp from xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx/32 to any
pass in quick on $ext_if inet proto icmp from xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx/32 to any
pass in quick on $ext_if inet proto tcp from xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx/32 to any