SPAMD stop passing mail from WHITE-list

Peter N. M. Hansteen peter at bsdly.net
Sat Feb 3 19:37:34 UTC 2007

???????? ????????  <msgs_for_me at mail.ru> writes:

> I have spamd configured like in
> http://home.nuug.no/~peter/pf/en/spamd.html
> with greylisting enabled
>
> and i meet some problems with it:

Well, you have my attention.  I am would be very interested in getting
to know about any inaccuracies in that document, and certainly any
that trip people up.

> 1. My 2 FreeBSD routers stopped to pass mail from WHITE-list. First
> one - when spamd grows to 500 Megabytes. Second - 350 Meg.

At the point where things stop working, what content does the
whitelist table have?  ie, anything recognizable or (incredibly) zero
size?  One possibility - a far fetched one, admittedly - is that
hosts in your whitelist got themselves greytrapped (if you did set
that up).

> When I do:
> cat /dev/null > /var/db/spamd
> all starts to work again

This sounds like somehow your initally whitelisted hosts got
themselves blacklisted, or the whitelist is somehow bypassed.

> 2. If i have some malware on my PC and use mail-client program. If I
> send the same message some times I automatically get into WHITE-list
> and my malware can spam as much as it must?

If your malware manages to behave RFC-correctly, that is, resend after
what the greylisting host considers a reasonable interval, it will
manage to send whatever it's trying to send.