kern/115725: pf nat -> ($if) works only intermittently

Max Laier max at love2party.net
Wed Aug 22 15:00:11 PDT 2007

The following reply was made to PR kern/115725; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: Max Laier <max at love2party.net>
To: bug-followup at freebsd.org,
 kjelderg at gmail.com
Subject: Re: kern/115725: pf nat -&gt; ($if) works only intermittently
Date: Wed, 22 Aug 2007 23:44:39 +0200

 > nat pass on $ext_if from $freenx_jail_ip to any -> ($ext_if)
 >
 > When I then jexec a shell in the jail and try to do things on the
 > network, only 1 in 3 or so connections would work. Ideally they should
 > have all worked.

 This usually happens when you have aliases on $ext_if.  In this case
 ($ext_if) expands to a round-robin pool with all addresses assigned to
 the interface.  If you want to use the primary address on that interface
 you can use the "($ext_if:0)" syntax to exclude aliases.  If the address
 you want to use is an alias, you have to specify it manually.

 --
   Max