ALTQ suspends

Daniel Hartmeier daniel at benzedrine.cx
Wed Aug 8 14:54:44 UTC 2007

On Wed, Aug 08, 2007 at 03:22:51PM +0100, Rob Shepherd wrote:

> I can't find any documentation or manpage reference to "suspends". I
> havn't the skill to delve into the source code, so could somebody
> clarify the following.

I assume you mean what pfctl -vsq prints for CBQ queues as "suspends:".

As far as I can tell, that counter is not used (yet?) at all, and should
always be zero. What is printed is the 'delays' variable from the CBQ
status counters, which is defined as

  sys/altq/altq_cbq.h
    u_int           delays;         /* # times invoked delay actions */

But it's never used (incremented, etc.) anywhere that I can see.

So, just ignore it ;)

Daniel