Block WWW.ORKUT.COM

Fai Cheng fai at g2019.net
Fri Aug 3 08:31:38 UTC 2007

I don't think this is impossible. depends on how you could configure the
firewall. If you can block all traffics but allow those only you need. (e.g.
to your partner site only, deny all outgoing traffic)

Modify the DNS / hosts files is a trick way but its work. but you have to
know what is behind the host. e.g. they can use orkut.l.google.com instead
of www.orkut.com. So the white list approach is easier to handle. (If you
can)

Of course different proxy (e.g. running proxy in 80 or 443 port) is hard to
block, this case you need to monitor the traffic and see any ppl go to
specific host with large amount of traffic. So you may notice the problems.

Fai