testing load balancig work.

Volker volker at vwsoft.com
Tue Apr 24 18:38:06 UTC 2007

On 04/24/07 18:27, cangak wrote:
> i have two connection, and i try load balancing by
> doing like this
> nat on $ext_if1 xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
> nat on $ext_if2 xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
>
> and now how to see its work or not. thanks

cangak,

these are just two NAT rules. But it has nothing to do with load
balancing.

For load balancing somebody else on the list has to comment as I never
tried balancing two external connections.

In general, if you want to check out what packets are leaving your
system, using which source address, check out the states `pfctl -ss'.
AFAIK the way for you to go is to use rdr options. Also take a look at
the round-robin options pf.conf(5). Other folks here on the list have
the comfort of having two upstream connections and already tried
things like that. Perhaps anybody else with some experience can
comment on this?

HTH

Volker