Bug or other packet processing or misconfiguration error in FreeBSD.

Albertas Guscius news at topocentras.lt
Sat Sep 9 02:34:27 PDT 2006

Bug or other packet processing or misconfiguration error in FreeBSD.

Hello folks,

I'm trying the same pf configuration on FreeBSD and OpenBSD, but results
are different. The problem is that all outgoing traffic goes to default
queue ignoring quick pass rules. I can't shape outgoing traffic on FreeBSD
due to unknown problem. It looks like problem is bescause of  after NAT
rules are not processed. With OpenBSD everything works fine. I tested it
on FreeBSD_6_1, 5_5 and OpenBSD_3_9.
Does anyone have any advice?

Sincerely Yours,
Albertas

pf.conf:

ext_if="rl0"
int_if="rl1"
internal_net="10.0.10.0/24"

external_addr="192.168.0.22"
internal_addr="10.0.10.1"

altq on $ext_if hfsc bandwidth 10Mb queue { ip_out, local_out }
queue ip_out bandwidth 1Mb hfsc (upperlimit 6Mb)
queue local_out bandwidth 1Mb hfsc (default upperlimit 6Mb)

altq on $int_if hfsc bandwidth 10Mb queue { ip_in, local_in }
queue ip_in bandwidth 1Mb hfsc (upperlimit 6Mb)
queue local_in bandwidth 1Mb hfsc (default upperlimit 6Mb)

nat on $ext_if from $internal_net to any -> $external_addr

pass out quick on $ext_if from any to any queue ip_out
pass out quick on $int_if from any to any queue ip_in

pass in all
pass out all

#in FreeBSD6.1 all traffic goes through local_out, in OpenBSD3.9 all
traffic goes through ip_out.