pf firewall shows ports are open?

Andrei Kolu antik at bsd.ee
Tue Oct 24 12:32:15 PDT 2006

On Tuesday 24 October 2006 10:08 pm, you wrote:
> On 10/24/06, Andrei Kolu <antik at bsd.ee> wrote:
> > I got strange problem here, looks like I am dumb enough to understand
> > this.
> >
> > My current PF rules:
>
> --cut--
>
> > nmap 192.168.2.100
>
> i haven't looked at your pf-rules properly, but you're scanning from
> inside the LAN ?
> if you need your firewall to block outside access, you should scan
> from the outside

I want to block all access, not just outside. Or it shows open ports because I
scanned from same computer?

Now I understand- scanned from other computer:
Interesting ports on 192.168.2.100:
Not shown: 1679 filtered ports
PORT   STATE  SERVICE
80/tcp closed http
MAC Address: 00:50:8D:xx:xx:xx (Abit Computer)

Nmap finished: 1 IP address (1 host up) scanned in 24.686 seconds

Scanned from localhost:
Interesting ports on 192.168.2.100:
Not shown: 1676 closed ports
PORT    STATE SERVICE
22/tcp  open  ssh
139/tcp open  netbios-ssn
445/tcp open  microsoft-ds
631/tcp open  ipp

Nmap finished: 1 IP address (1 host up) scanned in 14.438 seconds