Source routing (Policy routing)

Joe Holden joe at joeholden.co.uk
Tue Nov 14 03:59:09 UTC 2006

Hi all,

I'm having a little trouble trying to do the equivalently of ipfw fwd in
my pf ruleset (i've moved everything else from ipfw and it works great),
however after much googling im still not sure of the proper syntax/ruleset.

Basically, I have interface1, with a routable ip on, an openvpn
connection goes out via that and creates tun0, which has another
routable ip on.

However, I want to be able to send traffic from my end of the openvpn
tunnel, back via the tunnel, however i've tried all combinations of
route-to, reply-to, even copied other peoples rulesets to the "space,"
to no avail...

Is anyone able to give me any pointers on this?

I'm using -CURRENT as of this morning.
(I originally moved from ipfw as it is still unusable as far as ipv6 goes)

TIA,
Joe