whitelists clients still being greylisted

Dan Langille dan at langille.org
Mon Nov 6 01:32:01 UTC 2006

On 6 Nov 2006 at 9:13, LI Xin wrote:

> Dan Langille wrote:
> > Hi folks,
> >
> > I'm setting up spamd with pf, and I'm finding that whitelisted IP
> > addresses are still being greylisted.  For example:
>
> Er?  Have you mounted fdescfs as /dev/fd?

No, first I've heard of this.

I found http://www.ubergeek.co.uk/howtos/sendmail-clamav-smtpauth-
spamd-pop3-freebsd.html and did this:

[dan at nyi:~] $ sudo mount -t fdescfs fdescfs /dev/fd
Password:
[dan at nyi:~] $ mount
/dev/ad0s1a on / (ufs, local)
devfs on /dev (devfs, local)
/dev/ad0s1d on /tmp (ufs, local, soft-updates)
/dev/ad0s1f on /usr (ufs, local, soft-updates)
/dev/ad0s1e on /var (ufs, local, soft-updates)
fdescfs on /dev/fd (fdescfs)
[dan at nyi:~] $

And now the whitelist has entries!

[root at nyi:~] # pfctl -t spamd-white -T show
No ALTQ support in kernel
ALTQ related functions disabled
   12.152.184.25
   66.35.250.206
   205.150.199.217
   216.136.204.119
[root at nyi:~] #

Thank you.  :)

>  I think this should be documented.

Do you mean I missed existing documentation?  Or that is it should be
documented but is not?

--
Dan Langille : Software Developer looking for work
my resume: http://www.freebsddiary.org/dan_langille.php