dup-to - How works??

husnu demir hdemir at metu.edu.tr
Thu Mar 9 01:03:09 PST 2006

Hi,

I tried to duplicate the traffic to another interface by writing ;

inf_if = "bge0"
dup_if = "bge1"
dup_ip = "10.0.0.1"

block all
pass in on $int_if dup-to ($dup_if $dup_ip)

pass all keep state

This is just a simple ruleset. I just want to show the case. Since the last statement is valid all the packets get through the last statement and dup-to rule is not used at all. If I put a quick keword which is not what I want all the traffic route-to there (bge1) but no other traffic pass.

The logic that I need is that: I want to copy all the traffice that rule implies to dup_if and then pass the traffic goes through the other PF rules in the list and get routed.

Can you help me. I could not solved the problem :(

Husnu Demir.