RDR for locally generated traffic

Travis H. solinym at gmail.com
Sat Jul 15 19:01:41 UTC 2006

On 7/15/06, Christian Meutes <christian at de.clara.net> wrote:
> Then would it be possible to bind the IP to lo0 as an alias, connect to
> this IP
> and then let the rule rewrite the destination to a other one which lies
> on fxp0
> directly?

Hmm, gosh, I don't really know without trying.  I think so, it should
be like any other incoming packet as it arrives on the lo0 interface.
Try it and let us know!

You could also use route-to, or a static route, rather than an if
alias, to get it to go to lo0, I think.
--
``I am not a pessimist.  To perceive evil where it exists is, in my
opinion, a form of optimism.'' -- Roberto Rossellini