Any ongoing effort to port /etc/rc.d/pf_boot, /etc/pf.boot.conf from NetBSD ?

Vlad GALU vladgalu at gmail.com
Fri Jul 14 11:13:08 UTC 2006

On 7/14/06, Ari Suutari <ari at suutari.iki.fi> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Does anyone know if there are any plans to bring
> pf boot-time protection (ie. /etc/rc.d/pf_boot and
> related config files) from NetBSD to FreeBSD ?
>
> This would close small (but as far as I understand existing)
> window during boot where firewall is fully open (if using only
> pf).

   See the mac_ifoff(4) manpage. You can disable your interfaces until
the system is fully booted.

>         Ari S.

If it's there, and you can see it, it's real.
If it's not there, and you can see it, it's virtual.
If it's there, and you can't see it, it's transparent.
If it's not there, and you can't see it, you erased it.