SNMP access to pf ALTQ data?

J. Buck Caldwell freebsd at bitparts.org
Sat Jul 8 07:18:16 UTC 2006

Forgive the cross-posting, but I think I need a wider audience.

Is it possible to track pf ALTQ usage with MRTG? I notice that FreeBSD's
built-in bsnmpd has a module and mibs to support pf, but I know too
little about SNMP to figure out how to access the queue stats.

Specifically, I'm looking to make a series of MRTG graphs that show the
total bytes that pass through each queue. I figure if worst comes to
worst, I can work out a separate program that parses the output of
'pfctl -vsq' and returns that as MRTG-readable input, but it would be
much smoother to get it via SNMP, if it can be done.

Any help would be appreciated. I'm sure others would be interested in
this as well.