Redirecting packets to the machine itself

Kerry Jean jeankerry at hotmail.com
Mon Jul 3 12:15:39 UTC 2006

Hi,

I am new to FreeBSD and PF. I am porting an application from Linux to FreeBSD. One aspect is that packets destined for another machine on port 3322 are also captured by a Linux router and forwarded to port 3323 on that router. As a result the router will receive and read the packet while still allowing it to be forwarded. This was done simply in Linux using iptables with     "iptables -t nat -A PREROUTING -p udp --dport 3322 -j REDIRECT --to-ports 3323"

Is this possible in FreeBSD using PF or any of the other firewall programs? I want PF (or another FreeBSD application) to redirect packets destined for port 3322 (on any machine) to be redirected to port 3323 on the local machine but also forwarded to the other machines.

Any help would be really appreciated.

Regards,
Anthony