Nat load balancing with weights?

Conrad Burger conrad.burger at swistgroup.com
Sun Jan 22 23:13:19 PST 2006

Click here to view our e-mail legal notice:
http://www.swistgroup.com/email.htm or call: +27 21 888 7920
Hi

I am currently using the pf nat round robin functionality to load balance tcp
connections to 3 servers.

This works great! Currently load balancing about 32000 connections concurrently.

The 3 systems have different hardware specs and currently 2 of the systems are
running at 100%.
We will be adding more servers, but doing symmetrical load balancing to
non-symmetrical CPU hardware platforms is becoming a major problem.

Is it possible to configure pf to do non-symmetrical load balancing where a per
system connection ratio can be defined?

Are there any other technologies running on FreeBSD that will perform this task?

Regards
Conrad Burger