freebsd-pf Digest, Vol 75, Issue 4

bsd-list bsd-list at mail.ru
Sun Feb 26 22:15:37 PST 2006

Hi Vlad

> Message: 1
> Date: Sat, 25 Feb 2006 02:48:21 +0200
> From: "Vlad GALU" <vladgalu at gmail.com>
> Subject: reply-to doesn't seem to work
> To: freebsd-pf at freebsd.org
>
>    I have a machine with two interfaces. On one of them there is a
> webserver listening for client connections. The machine's default
> route is through the other interface.
>    Let's assume the interfaces are called if1, if2 and that the
> webserver is listening on if2.
>    I have a rule like this:
>     pass in quick on $if2 reply-to ($if2 $if2gw) inet proto tcp from
> any to ($if2) port = 80 flags S/SA keep state.
>   The replies should leave the box through if2, right ? Well, they
> don't. I had to add a rule like this:
>    pass out quick on $if1 route-to ($if2 $if2gw) inet from ($if2) to any
"pass in quick on $if2 " --> pass incomming packets from your webserver
"pass out quick on $if1" ->pass outgoing packets to defalut path
Think about directions "in/out" that way:
You are inside the box, the incoming packets are these that arrived from
outside to you and the outgoing traffic are the packets that travel from
you to outside