kern/106400: fatal trap 12 at restart of PF with ALTQ if ng0 device has detached

Boris S. bst2006 at dva.dyndns.org
Thu Dec 7 17:50:13 PST 2006

The following reply was made to PR kern/106400; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: "Boris S." <bst2006 at dva.dyndns.org>
To: Max Laier <max at love2party.net>
Cc: bug-followup at freebsd.org
Subject: Re: kern/106400: fatal trap 12 at restart of PF with ALTQ if ng0
 device has detached
Date: Fri, 08 Dec 2006 02:41:30 +0100

 Max Laier schrieb:

 > Okay, this is highly untested and certainly needs more work, but I don't
 > have a crashbox set up right now, so if you could give it a try we might
 > be getting somewhere quick.
 >
 > Please turn on misc debugging (pfctl -xm).
 >
 > This also might be a way to use ALTQ on not yet created interfaces, though
 > this needs even more work.
 >
 > Report back if this changes anything.  If you get a crash I'd like to see
 > a dump and dmesg if possible.

 This test patch works great!
 I've connected, disconnected, restarted and reloaded very many times in
 random order and nothing bad happens!

 If I kill my mpd4 (without touching pf) I get the debug log:

 pf: remove altq ng0. ...22 22 22

 I get always "22 22 22". No other numbers after serval restarts of mpd4,
 pf and FreeBSD.

 Thank you for your promptly investigation!

 Boris