Easy Question From Newbie

Kian Mohageri kian.mohageri at gmail.com
Sun Aug 20 18:08:25 UTC 2006

On 8/18/06, Ivan Levchenko <levchenko.i at gmail.com> wrote:

> You need to either load the pf kernel module, which can be done by adding
> pf_load="YES" to /boot/loader.conf (you may also load the module
> without rebooting like this:
> kldload pf) If you use the module, then altq will not work for you.

I would suggest loading pf via /etc/rc.conf instead:

pf_enable="YES"          # Set to YES to enable packet filter (pf)
pf_rules="/etc/pf.conf"     # rules definition file for pf
pflog_enable="YES"       # Set to YES to enable packet filter logging

The rc script will load the module if it needs to.  See
/etc/defaults/rc.conf for other variables /etc/rc.d/pf* uses.

Kian