first question

steve lasiter slas7713 at yahoo.com
Sat Apr 29 15:53:45 UTC 2006

I've used ipfilter and now have just loaded FreeBSD
6.1 with PF to configure for a gateway/firewall/router
w/3 NICS for a new network the office. My topologoy:

    INTERNET

--------|---------
   66.190.186.13
     (EXT_NIC)

GATEWAY/FIREWALL

  10.0.0.0/24 ---switch----DMZ webserver
     (DMZ_NIC)

  192.168.0.0/24
     (INT_NIC)
--------|----------

   SBS 2003 box w/ISA

      switch

       LAN

Questions:
1)I need to allow access on ports 25, 80 and 443 to
the Small Business Server 2003 box for remote access
but I want all non-office related traffic on ports 80
and 443 to go to the dmz webserver. Can you give some
insight on how I might route this using PF?

2)Can someone provide a good base set of rules that
they have established for a similar topology?

This should get me started. Thanks for all the input.

Steve L