pf in freebsd6.0 - Need Help

Maciej Wierzbicki voovoos-fpf at killfile.pl
Sat Apr 29 11:52:05 UTC 2006

On Sat, Apr 29, 2006 at 05:12:57PM +0530, mahendran wrote:

> I have freebsd 6.0 server in which i am looking to configure pf. can
> anyone help me to install pf in freebsd 6.0.

/usr/src/sys/conf/NOTES:
# The pf packet filter consists of three devices:
#  The `pf' device provides /dev/pf and the firewall code itself.
#  The `pflog' device provides the pflog0 interface which logs packets.
#  The `pfsync' device provides the pfsync0 interface used for
#   synchronization of firewall state tables (over the net).
device          pf                      #PF OpenBSD packet-filter firewall
device          pflog                   #logging support interface for PF
device          pfsync                  #synchronization interface for PF

man 8 pfctl:
-e      Enable the packet filter.

-f file
   Load the rules contained in file.  This file may contain macros,
   tables, options, and normalization, queueing, translation, and
   filtering rules.  With the exception of macros and tables, the
   statements must appear in that order.

-n      Do not actually load rules, just parse them.

-v      Produce more verbose output.  A second use of -v will produce
        even more verbose output including ruleset warnings.

man 5 pf.conf:
     pf.conf -- packet filter configuration file
--
*   Maciej Wierzbicki * At paranoia's poison door  *
*   VOO1-RIPE   *