Lockups with "user" option

rw list-freebsd-2004 at morbius.sent.com
Sun Apr 9 18:55:15 UTC 2006

After switching to pf+altq, I've had lock-ups when running Azureus
and MLDonkey (under KDE). Top shows one of the processes in the state
"*pf ta"

Changing from CBQ to PRIQ, and removing unnecessary kernel  options, had
no effect, but the problems went away when I redefined these macros as "":

bt_users        = "user != unknown"
mlnet_users     = "user mlnet"

These are used in my Bittorrent and MLDonkey rules to prevent the ports
being open when nothing is listening, and to send MLDonkey uploads to a
separate queue.

The user and group options don't seem to be covered on the OpenBSD site,
but they are in the pf.conf manpage.

Is this a known problem?    Any advice?