OpenBGPD with FreeBSD

Łukasz Bromirski lbromirski at mr0vka.eu.org
Sun Mar 20 11:20:13 PST 2005

Claudio Jeker wrote:

>>Had openbgpd ported to freebsd or is it in any progress?
>>If I want to install it in FreeBSD, is there any guideline for me to follow?
> You have to remove the full pfkey interface and replace it with dummy
> functions as it is incompatible. So tcp md5 does not work but I think it
> is still broken in FreeBSD anyway.
> Here is a diff I created some time ago. Perhaps some other minor changes
> are needed.

I've created short HOWTO as well as diff to make OpenBGPd easily
installable on FreeBSD (tested 5.3/5.4). It works with pf (pushing
prefixes to pf tables), but of course lacks MD5 authorization for
peers. Claudio, thanks for suggestions about the pfkey.

Here's short HOWTO:
http://lukasz.bromirski.net/projekty/openbgpd/index-en.html

If anyone will push this further and make a port out of it, it
would be really nice.

--
this space was intentionally left blank    |            Łukasz Bromirski
you can insert your favourite quote here   |        lukasz:bromirski,net