Carp master problem

Constant, Benjamin bconstant at be.tiauto.com
Thu Jun 30 14:56:54 GMT 2005

> I see multicast advertisements going out on em0 on what
> should be the master (test1) and I see those advertisements
> on test2 also.  The only firewall rules are the default, pass
> in all, and pass out all. No firewall rules have been setup
> yet since this is a test environment.
>
> Chris

I don't know what is the problem, I've good experience with em driver and
carp.
Is the log showing up something? Is the carp ifconfig password the same on
either boxes?
It seems that carp0 interfaces are not communicating together. It works when
you do ifconfig
down carp1 because preemption force carp0 to failover.

Benjamin Constant
TI Automotive

confidential information.  It is intended only for the use of the
person(s) named above. If you are not the intended recipient, you are
hereby notified that any review, dissemination, distribution or
duplication of this communication is strictly prohibited. If you are not
the intended recipient, please contact the sender by reply email and
destroy all copies of the original message. This communication is from TI
Automotive.