very heavy load avarage

Riccardo Giuntoli taglio at gmail.com
Tue Jun 14 14:41:07 GMT 2005

On 6/10/05, Chris Dionissopoulos <dionch at freemail.gr> wrote:
> Try to create a new kernel with timing at 1000hz and if
> your hardware (nic) is supported enable device polling
> (polling(4)).
Hi Chris,
i've put polling up in my kernel with timing at 2000hz and
kern.polling.burst_max=400, that
are the parameters that the polling's writer says to put fot a gigabit
nic in an old thread:
http://lists.freebsd.org/pipermail/freebsd-net/2004-January/002719.html
But now, without no load no band saturate nothing, the system
connections from process in user space collapse after 5 Mbit/s
ddos!!!!!
Please help i'm completly confused

--
Name: Riccardo Giuntoli
Email: taglio at gmail.com
Homepage: http://www.luxoro.org/
Location: Genova, Italy
6BONE Handle: RG581-6BONE
PGP Key: 0x67123739
PGP Fingerprint: CE75 16B5 D855 842F AB54
                          FB5C DDC6 4640 6712 3739
Key server: hkp://wwwkeys.eu.pgp.net