rdr not working for transparent http - 5.4-stable

Giovanni P. Tirloni gpt at tirloni.org
Sat Jul 30 13:01:38 GMT 2005

Giovanni P. Tirloni wrote:
> Max Laier wrote:
>
>> One thing comes to my mind: What does
>>     $sysctl net.inet.ip.forwarding
>> say?
>

> # sysctl net.inet.ip.forwarding
> net.inet.ip.forwarding: 1
>
> I had some tweaks in /etc/sysctl but disabling them didn't help either.
>
> #net.inet.ip.check_interface=1
> #net.inet.tcp.blackhole=2
> #net.inet.udp.blackhole=1

  I forgot to mention this box had ipfw+dummnyet (with two queues)
activated. I disabled ipfw in the kernel and pf rdr worked again! Just
removing the ipfw rules didn't work.

  Weird enough, I don't have dummynet on the other 2 machines that have
the same problem. But ipfw is compiled in but disabled.

  I'll try to disable ipfw on the other boxes and see what happens there
to confirm this.

Giovanni P. Tirloni / gpt at tirloni.org