freebsd 5.4 with pf nat and voip

Jean Milanez Melo jmelo at freebsdbrasil.com.br
Thu Jul 7 13:03:08 GMT 2005

Thomas Maack Nielsen wrote:

>I have the following setup:
>
>FreeBSD 5.4 with pf enabled.
>
>pf works as the firewall and does the NAT to.
>
>On the NAT side i got 2 x pc's and 2 x Grandstream 286 voip adaptors.
>
>My NAT rule is the following:
>
>nat pass on $extern from $intern:network to any -> $extern
>
>This works fine for my pc's, but not for my Grandstreams, they are setup
>to use a STUN serve for easy configuration, but the tell me that I am
>using symmetric NAT type, and for symmetric NAT a STUN server doesn't
>work, is it possiable to change the NAT type to any other than symmetric NAT?
>Or is it the STUN server detecting wrong?
>
>Regards,
>
>Thomas Maack Nielsen

Thomas,

What the protocols are you using in Grandstremas? SIP?

If it is SIP try to configure redirect ports like this:

rdr on $ife proto tcp from any to any port 5060 -> $Grandstream_IP port 5060
rdr on $ife proto udp from any to any port 5060 -> $Grandstream_IP port 5060

I hope it can help you.

--
Atenciosamente
Jean Milanez Melo