PF & BLOCK MP3 (AVI)

alex-bsd alex-bsd at yandex.ru
Sun Jul 3 17:50:53 GMT 2005

I am adherent BSD of systems, in the last time have passed with IPFW to use PF, other useful and interesting opportunities have liked in it Firewall, more convenient syntax and many.
I wish to offer developers PF, to add new (IMHO very necessary and convenient) functionality!
In iptables it is possible to block means Firewall uploading of files (.mp3, .avi and another) to limit access to a porno to resources and the other undesirable traffic.
Very much it would be desirable, that PF also was able to do similar.
In the presents time for blocking uploading "unnecessary" files I use Squid. Personally to me Squid it is necessary only for the decision above the described problem.
With pleasure would refuse use Squid if in PF this opportunity will be realized.

P.S. I understand that возможнее addition of this function, will cause huge work and global changes in code Firewall.
P.P.S Sorry for my bad English.