Please test: MPSAFE callouts

Edwin Brown edwin.brown at gmail.com
Mon Feb 28 14:45:23 GMT 2005

I ran some tests of these patches on a hyperthreaded box with SMP and
PREEMPTION enabled. The test setup looked like this:

--------------                                     -----------------
                              -------------
-  Server - -------bge0/100Mb-fdx---- -      pf
-----fxp0/100mb-fdx--------  client1 -
--------------                                     -----------------
      |                       --------------

      |                       --------------

Server   (FreeBSD5.4pre)
Client1  (FreeBSD5.4pre)
Client2  (WindowsXP,SP2)

I ran concurrent ftp (passive and active), http tests. Also, a few
tests from netperf, both tcp and udp. I happy to report that nothing
happend :). Please take that for whatever it's worth.

Best regards,

Edwin