problems with synproxy on 5.3-stable

Andy Hilker ah at crypta.net
Wed Feb 9 13:58:38 PST 2005

You (Max Laier) wrote:
> Not really, but tcpdump can help.  Add log-all to the synproxy and try to
> watch the connection in tcpdump on pflog0 with something like:
> $tcpdump -n -e -ttt -i pflog0 rulenum <rule#> and host "testip"
>
> You might also want to raise the debugging level with "$pfctl -x misc" and
> watch the console for BAD state messages.

Ok, i modified my ruleset like this:

 [...]
 set loginterface $if_ext
 [...]
 pass in log quick on $if_ext proto tcp from           any to <www_servers> port = 80 flags S/SA synproxy state

Then typed "pfctl -x loud" and "tcpdump -n -e -ttt -i pflog0".
Output looks like without "pfctl -x loud". Where do i see debug output?

> Keep us posted, thanks.

Yes, sure.
But before I call the person who has problems and let him try again,
I have to be sure, to debug the right way.

bye,
Andy