squid with pf problem

Albertas Guscius news at topocentras.lt
Wed Feb 9 02:25:18 PST 2005

Hello,
I have problem running squid and packet filter.
After certain moment it hangs machine. I tried three different types of
hardware, so I think it is problem with software.
Squid is compiled with pf support.
Rule in pf:  rdr on $int_if proto tcp from any to any port http ->
127.0.0.1 port 3128
I'm using xl() NIC's.
FreeBSD xxx 5.3-RELEASE-p5 FreeBSD 5.3-RELEASE-p5 #3: Wed Feb  9 10:
31:09 EET 2005     xxx at xxx:/usr/obj/usr/src/sys/GENERIC  i386

It looks that I tried everything, that I found on internet.

"options NET_WITH_GIANT"

debug.mpsafenet=0
net.inet.tcp.sack.enable=0

But still getting the same result:

fault virtual address   = 0x18
fault code              = supervisor read, page not present
instruction pointer     = 0x8:0xffffffff803a14b3
stack pointer           = 0x10:0xffffffffb1bd9800
frame pointer           = 0x10:0x0
code segment            = base 0x0, limit 0xfffff, type 0x1b
                        = DPL 0, pres 1, long 1, def32 0, gran 1
processor eflags        = interrupt enabled, resume, IOPL = 0
current process         = 44 (swi1: net)
trap number             = 12

I think that problem is with pf, because even then squid is not running, machine hangs once a day. With squid it hangs much faster (in few minutes).