differences between pf and upstream?

Jeremy C. Reed reed at reedmedia.net
Fri Dec 30 17:25:22 PST 2005

Does FreeBSD have any list of differences between pf and OpenBSD's pf?

Or does it all work and behave the same (at least up to last version
imported)? (So same version of PF behaves the same on both platforms?)

Or should I look at all the differences in pf up to OpenBSD's 3.8 version?

It looks like 3.7 is in FreeBSD 6.0 and 3.5 is in FreeBSD 5.x.

The pf chapter in the handbook should update the "warning" to mention the
version for FreeBSD 6.0 also.

I am hoping to work on the OpenBSD's PF guide to also mention FreeBSD and
note which items (new features) are specific to OpenBSD. Does anyone know
if that documentation has been worked on before for FreeBSD?

  Jeremy C. Reed