PF Issue with BETA4

Thomas T. Veldhouse veldy at veldy.net
Thu Sep 16 20:00:31 PDT 2004

It seems that, at least with the PF devices built into the kernel that
an issue arises during shutdown.  As I was rebooting the server, I
noticed that the disks were syncing and yet there was a huge amount of
traffic on my router to the Internet.  Upon inspection, packets were
still passing through the kernel and a large download was still going on
through a kernel that should have long ago quite passing traffic!  In
other words, it appears that the NAT function of PF does not shutdown as
it should while the the OS is shutting down.  Traffic ceases almost
immediately with IPFW and IPFILTER.

Thanks,

Tom Veldhouse